Thursday, February 22, 2007

Seek a Geek

Jesse sent me a link to Geek Date, which is a blog entry by a woman in New York who is going to the Comic Con at Javits Center this weekend to seek a geek. I was not at ALL offended by the forward, but I jokingly asked him if he was trying to tell me something. More than anything, I thought it was an ingenious idea; I like geeky guys as much as the next gal! In fact, I think I have more in common with them than some straight-shooting business man who loves to golf. (Not that there is anything wrong with that guy either.) The blogger mentions attending the Comic Con would be like "shooting fish in a barrel," and she's sure to bag a date. I am intrigued to see what comes of this. Friends, do not worry, I am not going to Comic Con...yet. :D

Update: I just visited the Comic Con site...it's Buffy's 10th anniversary and Nicholas Brendan's going to be there among other notables such as Stephen Colbert (funny, funny man), David Arquette (whom I love, but I don't really care for his new series IN CASE OF EMERGENCY), and Hayden Panettiere from my absolute most FAVORITE show of the moment, HEROES (after UGLY BETTY, of course). Maybe I should go. It really sounds like something I'd like. However, I don't think I could go alone. Maybe next year.